Irish look to rebound at Westbrook Spring Invitational

From Saturday until Monday, Notre Dame will compete in the Westbrook Village Spring Invitational hosted by Wisconsin at the Westbrook Village Golf Course in Peoria, Arizona.

During the tournament, the Irish will face off against a variety of teams from around the country, including Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, New Mexico State, Ohio State, Oregon State, UC-Davis and Washington State.

The Irish, led by head coach Susan Holt, do have some experience on this course in recent years, as this is a tournament the team frequently uses early in the season to prepare for the rest of the year. Last February, Notre Dame finished sixth out of 15 teams competing, and two years ago, Notre Dame took third place.

However, the Irish have some work to do before they aim for a top-three finish. In the Florida State Match Up two weeks ago, Notre Dame finished last out of 12 teams.

Sophomore Emma Albrecht led the way for the Irish in that tournament, finishing in a tie for 22nd place by shooting a three-over-par 219. The next highest finisher for the Irish was sophomore Isabella DiLisio, who finished with a 14-over-par 230, good for 49th place. DiLisio averaged 76.7 strokes per round, just one shot higher than her average from the fall.

Senior Jordan Ferreira led the team in scoring average with an average round of 73.58 during the team’s fall season, and will look to regain her consistency this weekend. She posted a strong low score of 74 in her second round at Florida State, but sandwiched it between a 79 and an 81 to finish 18 shots over par and in 56th place.

Teams will have a chance to shoot a practice round on Saturday, before completing two of the three scored rounds on Sunday. The final round will take place Monday.