Notre Dame looks to hit stride on familiar course

The Irish will travel to North Carolina this weekend to compete in the Bryan National Collegiate, which is widely considered one of college golf’s premiere events.

Notre Dame will compete against an elite field that boasts seven ranked teams — including the likes of host No. 12 Wake Forest and ACC foes No. 7 Duke and No. 17 Miami — and 18 squads overall. The ACC-heavy field will give the Irish a chance to scout their competition for the upcoming ACC championship. There are six ACC teams in this weekend's field.

The event, which will be played on the par 72 Bryan Park Champions Course, is a familiar one for the Irish, who are returning to the event for the third time in as many years.

The Bryan National Collegiate will be Notre Dame’s final regular season event before it heads into the postseason, and could prove to be a momentum-builder as the teams heads into the ACC championship, which begins April 13. The Irish have found success at the Bryan in recent years, coming in fifth as a team in 2016 and tying for seventh in 2015. Senior Jordan Ferreira had a top-15 finish at the event her sophomore year.

Sophomore Emma Albrecht is looking to build off her momentum from the Clover Cup, in which she finished 3-over-par, finishing in a tie for 16th. Sophomore Isabella DiLisio also had a solid showing at the Clover Cup, finishing only one stroke behind Albrecht. DiLisio also carded two eagles at the event, which Notre Dame hosted in Mesa, Arizona, over spring break.

The Bryan National Collegiate will begin Friday in Greensboro, North Carolina, with the first golfers teeing off at 8:30 a.m.