Notre Dame departs for Schooner Fall Classic

This weekend, the No. 15 Irish women’s golf team will travel to Norman, Oklahoma, for the Schooner Fall Classic.  Coming off the heels of a program record 854 for the 54-hole, par 72 Minnesota Invitational, Notre Dame looks to keep up the pace in its fourth ever trip to the Oklahoma University-hosted tournament.

The Schooner Classic will take place September 23-25 at Belmar Golf Club in Oklahoma.  The field will feature 14 teams, including tough competitors like No. 3 Alabama, No. 10 Oklahoma and No. 11 Florida State.

Set by Irish head coach Susan Holt, Notre Dame's lineup for the weekend will consist of junior Emma Albrecht (1), junior Isabella DiLisio (2), freshman Abby Heck (3), junior Maddie Rose Hamilton (4), senior and newly-named team captain Alison Snakard (5) and sophomore Mia Ayer (Individual). Last year at the Schooner Classic, Albrecht finished 10th and recorded a then-personal-best 211 over three rounds, a milestone bested only by her performance two weeks ago at the Minnesota Invitational, where Albrecht tied for the lowest individual three-round score in school history (210) en route to placing seventh overall. DiLisio also enters the Schooner Fall Classic with some momentum, as the junior finished 10th at the Minnesota Invitational after shooting two rounds in the 60s to finish with an overall score of 211, while final round 67 was tied for the lowest round of the tournament.

After a sixth place finish at the Schooner Classic last season, the Irish ladies will look to improve this year.  They have been paired for the first round with the No. 23 University of Florida and Baylor University.

The rounds will begin at 10:40 a.m. Saturday, 10:10 a.m. Sunday and 9:10 a.m. Monday. Live updates may be found on https://www.birdiefire.com/tournament/41031/.