-

-

Football

Equanimeous St. Brown selected in the sixth round by Green Bay Packers in 2018 NFL Draft

| Saturday, April 28, 2018

Former Irish wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown was drafted 207th overall — the 33rd pick in the sixth round — in the 2018 NFL Draft by the Green Bay Packers.

While St. Brown’s numbers dipped during his junior season, he was named Notre Dame’s Offensive Player of the Year in 2016 after leading the team with 58 receptions for 961 yards and nine touchdowns.

Observer File Photo

Former Irish wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown flips into the end zone and scores a touchdown during Notre Dame’s 50-47 loss in double overtime to Texas on Sept. 4, 2016.

St. Brown started 25 games over his Irish career, amassing totals of 92 catches, 1,484 yards and 13 touchdowns. This past season, he caught 33 passes for 515 yards and four touchdowns.

The Anaheim, California, native is the fourth Notre Dame player picked in this year’s draft, following offensive linemen Quenton Nelson and Mike McGlinchey, who went sixth and ninth overall, respectively, and tight end Durham Smythe, who was picked 123rd overall in the fourth round.

St. Brown joins former Irish quarterback DeShone Kizer in Green Bay. The Packers have drafted 27 Notre Dame players in their history, the last coming in the sixth round of the 2003 draft when the Packers selected offensive tackle Brennan Curtin.