-

The Observer is a Student-run, daily print & online newspaper serving Notre Dame & Saint Mary's. Learn more about us.

-

news

Fisher Hall evacuated due to electrical fire in student room

| Friday, April 27, 2018

Updated Thursday at 9:10 p.m.

A “small electrical fire” occurred in a Fisher Hall student room Thursday at about 5:30 a.m. and residents were evacuated to South Dining Hall, according to an email sent to campus media. The incident occurred when a fan caught fire.

Two rooms were damaged by smoke and water, according to the email, and arrangements will be made for students who cannot occupy their rooms by Tuesday evening as a result of the damage.

At the time of the fire, a student was examined for smoke inhalation. In response to follow-up questions, University spokesman Dennis Brown said additional students were assessed after the incident.

“Three other students were evaluated for smoke inhalation since this morning’s first report,” Brown said in an email. “Out of an abundance of caution, two were transported by car to Memorial Hospital for further testing. They have now returned to campus.”

Tags: , ,

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report