Jordan Gross inks deal with Arizona

Irish senior defenseman Jordan Gross signed a two-year, entry-level deal with the Arizona Coyotes, the program announced in a press release Thursday.

1523574824-6e3e99a80a9d2a4-700x659
Ann Curtis | The Observer
Notre Dame senior defenseman follows his pass during Notre Dame's 4-3 win over Michigan in the first round of the Frozen Four on April 5. Gross recently signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the Arizona Coyotes.

Gross played in all 159 games for the Irish over his four years on the team, finishing his career in Notre Dame’s 2-1 loss against Minnesota Duluth in the national championship game, the program’s second appearance in the title game. He was a first-team All-Big Ten defenseman this past season, scoring 10 goals and adding 20 assists. He was also the 2018 East Regional Most Outstanding Player, having scored two goals in the two games, including the game-winning goal in Notre Dame’s 4-3 overtime win over Michigan Tech.

In his career, Gross totaled 121 points, which ranks third in program history in scoring among defensemen.

The Maple Grove, Minnesota, native played in the United States Hockey League before arriving on campus four years ago. Gross served as an alternate captain this year and was one of just seven seniors on the Irish, providing veteran leadership for the young team.

The Irish now have three players from this year’s team signed to play professional hockey next year. Senior forward and captain Jake Evans and junior forward Andrew Oglevie each signed earlier this week with the Montreal Canadiens and Buffalo Sabres, respectively.