-

-

University appoints information technology vice president, chief information officer

| Wednesday, May 9, 2018

John Gohsman, vice chancellor for information technology (IT) and chief information officer (CIO) at Washington University in St. Louis, will serve as Notre Dame’s new vice president for IT and as its CIO, the University announced in a press release Wednesday. Gohsman will take over the position from Ron Kraemer, who announced in February he will be retiring.

“John has a long and distinguished career in information technology at major research universities, and we look forward to him bringing his knowledge and expertise to Notre Dame,” John Affleck-Graves, the University’s executive vice president, said in the release. “Ron Kraemer has developed an exceptional team and culture, and I have every confidence that John will carry on in that tradition.”

With a bachelor’s degree in business data processing from Ferris State University, Gohsman spent 30 years leading the University of Michigan in adopting academic and administrative analytics and managing various innovative IT projects before joining Washington University’s faculty as its first CIO in 2013, the release said.

As an expert in “strategic planning, IT governance, program, project and change management, and administrative, academic and business intelligence systems,” Gohsman will be responsible for overseeing IT infrastructure and developing enterprise systems, the release said.

“[My wife] Mary and I are looking forward to joining the Notre Dame family,” Gohsman said. “Notre Dame has a strong reputation in academics, research and information technology. I look forward to building on the solid foundation, continuing the strong collaborative approach Ron has established, and working with an excellent and innovative OIT organization to further the mission of the University.”

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report