ND wraps up strong season with NCAA Regional appearance

The Irish finished the 2017-18 season with an invitational win, three top-six finishes, and 10th place at the ACC championships in route to their 12th NCAA regional appearance.

The Irish started the fall portion of their season with top-six finishes in the Minnesota Invitational and the Schooner Fall Classic. In the season opener at the Minnesota Invitational, the Irish finished third overall led by top-10 individual finishes from juniors Emma Albrecht and Isabella DiLisio, who finished tied for seventh and 10th, respectively. The following week, the Irish would add another top-six finish by finishing sixth in the Schooner Fall Classic, which saw the Irish move up six places after the first day of competition. The Irish recorded the second-lowest team total in program history by shooting 278 in the final round. Junior Maddie Rose Hamilton led the way for the Irish and recorded a program record after shooting 65 in the second round, while she tied for ninth individually.

The Irish earned their first invitational win in two years when they won the Betty Lou Invitational in Lexington, Kentucky. The Irish shot 872 (+8), and Albrecht tied for first place overall while Hamilton finished tied for fourth overall.

The Irish would carry the momentum from the fall portion of their season into the spring season with a fifth-place finish at the Clover Cup and a sixth-place finish at the Westbrook Invitational. Albrecht led the way for the Irish in both tournaments, placing top-10 individually in both. The Irish would conclude their regular season at the ACC championships, where they placed 10th overall in a field that boasted multiple top-50-ranked golf programs.

After only sending then-sophomore Emma Albrecht to the NCAA regionals as an individual entrant last season, the Irish returned to their first NCAA regional since 2016. The Irish earned the No. 12 seed in the Madison, Wisconsin, region, and finished 12th overall in the region with Albrecht and freshman Abby Heck leading the way by tying for 11th and 23rd, respectively.

At the conclusion of the season, the Irish will graduate seniors Kari Bellville and Alison Snakard. Snakard finishes her golf career with a stroke average of 84.39 and competed in 16 tournaments in her four-year career with the Irish. Bellville wraps up her career with a stroke average of 77.51, having participated in 19 tournaments for the Irish.