Thank you to Notre Dame's finest

I fell into The Observer freshman year after hearing of a friend who worked for them and got paid to go to the Florida State game to take photos. This sounded too cool to be true. I decided to meagerly reach out and apply for a position in the photo department, hoping that my hobby since high school would let me get my foot in the door. I was so ecstatic when I was told, “Of course! Just come to the next meeting.”

I didn’t know it then but The Observer would become one of the defining factors of my college career. Taking an occasional photo assignment would soon turn into devoting hours every week to my passion. The strangers that I worked with once a week would become some of my best friends. The dark and dingy office in the basement of South Dining Hall would become my second home.

I never would have guessed how much time I would eventually commit to The Observer but looking back on it, I wouldn’t change a single thing. From the late nights in the office to traveling across the country to take football photos, The Observer has given me memories I’ll never forget.

I was lucky enough to be the Photo Editor for two different stints in college. I’d be lying if I said it was the easiest job in the world, but the experiences and people that I’ve met along the way have made everything worth it. It’s hard to describe exactly what The Observer means to me, but writing this is really making me realize that it’s all over. Graduating is a surreal feeling and I just keep thinking I’ll be back at it again next fall with the same people. While I’d love this to be true it’s time to move on.

I’d like to thank every person I’ve ever worked with at The Observer. Every member of staff puts in more work than the rest of the student body understands. You’re all amazing people and I’m honored to say that I’ve spent my four years working with some of Notre Dame’s finest.