-

-

University Board of Trustees announces new members

| Monday, May 7, 2018

Notre Dame appointed Dorene Dominguez and James Parsons to its Board of Trustees during meetings Thursday and Friday, the University announced in a press release.

Dominguez graduated from Notre Dame with a bachelor’s degree in finance and currently serves on the Institute for Latino Studies’ advisory council. She chairs the Vanir Group of Companies, an organization based in California focused on renewable energy, real estate, construction and finances. The release said Dominguez is the “first and only” Latina to have ownership of a team in the National Basketball Association, owning a partial share of the Sacramento Kings.

Parsons also graduated from Notre Dame with a bachelor’s degree in finance. He went on to earn a master of business administration from Harvard University. Along with his wife and fellow Notre Dame alumnus Carrie Quinn, Parsons contributed to “the establishment of the Notre Dame Institute for Global Investing at the Mendoza College of Business,” the release said.

In 2014, Parsons founded Junto Capital Management, a New York City hedge fund focusing on the technology industry, finances and business services. He now serves as portfolio manager for the company, after having previously served in this capacity at Viking Global Investors.

The Board of Trustees also appointed Rev. Thomas J. O’Hara to emeritus status during its spring meetings, the release said. O’Hara joined in the Board of Trustees in 2010 and in 2012 began overseeing the Congregation of Holy Cross — United States Province of Priests and Brothers as provincial superior. He also served as president of King’s College, another Holy-Cross-founded school, from 1999 to 2011, the release said.

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report