-

-

PrismND president announces resignation

| Friday, August 31, 2018

Senior Jeffrey Murphy announced his resignation as president of PrismND in an email to the organization’s email list Thursday night. (Editor’s note: Murphy is a columnist for The Observer). 

“It is with a truly heavy heart that I announce my resignation as president of PrismND,” Murphy said in the email. “I have so cherished the years I have spent with all of you. Prism has been like a second home to me during my time at Notre Dame, and I am so grateful for all of the wonderful relationships I have built through this supremely important organization.”

Murphy‘s resignation comes approximately a week after the publication of his column “The statistics on Dreamers are a nightmare.” Bryan Ricketts, vice chair for membership of the Gay and Lesbian Alumni of Notre Dame and Saint Mary’s, said the organization decided not to financially support PrismND this year unless Murphy resigned.

Senior Devon Harford will serve as the new president of PrismND, according to an email from the organization’s officer board to the group’s email list. Harford previously served as co-vice president of PrismND, beginning April 1, 2018.

“As you all know, Jeff Murphy has decided to resign as President of PrismND,” the officer board said in the email. “We want to thank Jeff for all the time, energy and effort that he has devoted to this organization. From his time as treasurer last year to his last five months serving as president, we appreciate all that he has brought to this team. Thank you Jeff, and we wish you all the best going forward.”

Murphy commended the new president and offered his continued support for the club.

“I have no doubt that Prism will flourish in the coming year,” he said in the email. “Our community could not be more blessed with the new incoming president. Under her leadership and the leadership of the remaining officer board, I know Prism is going to have one of its best years ever.”

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report