Serving the whole tri-campus community

Since its inception, The Observer has served two campus communities just north of South Bend. Over the last 51 years, student journalists from Notre Dame and Saint Mary’s have helped tell their classmates’ stories and report from their campuses as they have undergone profound changes. But over that time, The Observer’s coverage of the tri-campus community has been incomplete. Starting this school year, Holy Cross College, home to around 500 students just south of Saint Mary’s, will be joining The Observer. From this point forward, we will be “The independent newspaper serving Notre Dame, Saint Mary’s and Holy Cross.” We are so excited to offer a more broad and encompassing perspective on the issues which affect students in our community and share their accomplishments. With this addition, we also would like to extend an invitation. If you are a Holy Cross student with a passion for journalism and storytelling, photography and design, please consider joining The Observer. While past Holy Cross students have helped cover events at Notre Dame and Saint Mary’s, none have ever reported from their own campus. If you are interested, please stop by our office in the warm and welcoming basement of South Dining Hall at Notre Dame; visit us at the Holy Cross, Saint Mary’s or Notre Dame activities nights; or send us an email at editor@ndsmcsobserver.com We look forward to reading your work, sharing your voices and getting to better know the Holy Cross community.

Courtney Becker

Editor-in-Chief

Tobias Hoonhout

Managing Editor

Elizabeth Greason

Assistant Managing Editor

Lucas Masin-Moyer

Assistant Managing Editor