-

-

Men’s Basketball

Notre Dame’s regular season schedule is released

| Friday, September 14, 2018

After releasing its non-conference slate in late August, Notre Dame men’s basketball now has a completed regular-season schedule after the Atlantic Coast Conference revealed its 2019 league schedule that will feature 12 nationally-televised matchups throughout an 18-game gauntlet for the Irish.

Sarah Olsen | The Observer

Irish junior guard Temple Gibbs looks to pass the ball during Notre Dame’s 73-56 win over Pittsburgh on Feb. 28 at Purcell Pavilion.

ACC visitors to Purcell Pavilion will include Syracuse (Jan. 5), Virginia (Jan. 26), Duke (Jan. 28) and Virginia Tech (Feb. 23) — all of which are expected to be ranked in the preseason top 25. Boston College (Jan. 12), North Carolina State (Jan. 19), Georgia Tech (Feb. 10), Wake Forest (Feb. 19) and Clemson (Mar. 26, Senior Day) will also travel to South Bend.

Conversely, Notre Dame will hit the road starting on Jan. 1 to play at Virginia Tech, and will compete in several other notable away matchups, including visits to North Carolina (Jan. 15), Miami (FL) (Feb. 6), Virginia (Feb. 16) and Louisville (March 3).

Boston College and Georgia Tech return as Notre Dame’s traditional ACC repeat opponents and will each have a home-and-home series.

For non-conference play, the Irish will face five-straight notable opponents in November and December — at home against DePaul, Illinois (ACC/BIG 10 Challenge), Oklahoma (Jimmy V Classic), at UCLA and Purdue (Crossroads Classic).

This year marks the final season of the traditional 18-game ACC schedule as the league plans to move to 20 conference games for the 2019-20 campaign. After the gauntlet of the ACC regular season commences, the 2019 ACC Championship will be held in Charlotte, North Carolina, at Time Warner Cable Arena and will begin on March 12, 2019.

Tags: ,