-

-

Cervelli announces interim vice president of student affairs

| Monday, September 17, 2018

Saint Mary’s President Jan Cervelli announced in a press release Friday that current director of multicultural services and student involvement Gloria Jenkins will serve as interim vice president of student affairs following Karen Johnson’s departure.

President Cervelli announced Johnson’s resignation from her position as vice president of student affairs earlier this month.

“Gloria has been at Saint Mary’s since 2015 and has done a fantastic job creating an inclusive and supportive environment for our students,” Cervelli said in an email. “I can think of no one whose background, commitment and personality are better suited for this interim position at this time.”

Jenkins will begin working in the new role Oct. 1. As vice president of student affairs, Jenkins will provide executive oversight and guidance “related to student affairs programming and planning,” the release said.

Gloria’s expertise will further advance our efforts to develop and implement high-quality, student-centered approaches to support success in the non-academic dimensions of the Saint Mary’s experience, which are so essential to our holistic approach to education,” Cervelli said in the release. “I am extremely grateful to Gloria for taking on the interim role as we conduct a national search for a new vice president for student affairs.”

The College will organize a search committee to help find the next vice president of student affairs later this fall, the release said.

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report