Irish finish 10th in Schooner Classic behind final round push

The Irish finished 10th in the Schooner Fall Classic over the weekend in a 15-team field after tallying a total score of 851, leaving them one-under-par for the tournament.

On its way to a 10th place finish, Notre Dame posted a first round seven-over-par 291, a second round two-under-par 282 and, most notably, a third round six-under-par 278. Notre Dame's third round score of the three-day tournament tied for the second-lowest round in program history, and the six-under par score also tied for the fifth lowest score in program history in relation to par. In Notre Dame's final round, senior Maddie Rose Hamilton shot an even-par 71 to give Notre Dame that nearly record-breaking score.

Irish senior Emma Albrecht finished the Schooner Classic tied for 25th, as a first round even-par 71, a second round even-par 71 and a third round two-under-par 69 left her with a two-under par 211 for the three day event. Sophomore Abby Heck finished alongside fellow Albrecht, but for Heck, it was in a much different fashion. Heck struggled in the first round, tallying a three-over-par 74, but the sophomore bounced back with gusto in the following two rounds, firing off a second round three-under-par 68 and a third-round two-under-par 69, which included four birdies, 12 pars, and two bogeys. Senior Isabella DiLisio played nearly as well as Heck and Albrecht, as she finished the tournament tied for 32nd with a total score of 213, which left her at even-par. DiLisio fired off a first round two-over-par 73, but she came back with a vengeance in the next two rounds, tallying a second round even-par 71 and a third round two-under-par 69. Hamilton finished the tournament in 44th place on the leaderboard, finishing the weekend with a four-over-par 217 which included a first round three-over-par 74, a second round two-over-par 72 and a third round even-par 71. Senior Mia Ayer, while playing as an individual in the tournament, managed to tally a final round even-par 71, and freshman Claire Albrecht's best round of the tournament was a two-over-par 73.

The Crimson Tide of the University of Alabama finished the tournament atop the field of 15 teams, sitting in first place at the close on Sunday. Alabama finished the three-day event at Belmar Golf Club in Norman, Okla., with a 45-under-par 807, an impressive total score which included a first round 12-under-par 272, a second round 22-under-par 262 and a third round 11-under-par 273. For the Tide, junior Jiwon Jeon led the way, finishing atop the individual leaderboard with a total score of 196, leaving her at 17-under-par for the tournament.

The field over the weekend in Norman included 15 teams, many of which came from the Big-12, ACC and SEC. Beyond the Irish, the field consisted of the hosting University of Oklahoma, Baylor University, Mississippi State University, Texas A&M University, Florida State University, Texas State University, Clemson, the University of Miami, the University of New Mexico, the University of Texas, the University of North Carolina-Wilmington, the University of Alabama, the University of Oregon and the University of Wisconsin.

The Irish will look to bounce back this weekend as they head to Lexington, Kentucky for the Bettie Lou Evans Invitational, hosted by the Wildcats of the University of Kentucky. The Irish managed to take the title in Lexington last season.