Staff Predictions: Interhall Championships

Stanford vs. Siegfried

Ellen Geyer — Sports Writer

Stanford has overcome a lot of adversity this year. During the regular season, they lost several key players to injury and had to completely overhaul their depth chart. In the postseason, they’ve proven themselves solid in horrendous weather and have kept a level head after dishing out turnovers. Siegfried will undoubtedly come hungry for revenge, and with a dual threat quarterback of their own, they will give the Griffins a run for their money. However, against a veteran team anchored by a mature quarterback who has captured victory in the stadium before, the Rambler’s efforts won’t be enough.

FINAL: Stanford 10, Siegfried 7

Grant DelVecchio — Sports Writer

Stanford finished the season ranked No. 3 overall in points per game, and No. 5 in points against, while Siegfried finished 7th overall in points per game and 8th in points against. Additionally, Stanford has dominated in point differential and this offense will likely prove too much for the Rambler defense

Overall, the game will be a battle, as Stanford will be looking to beat down on the Ramblers for the second time in one year, and Siegfried will be looking to get revenge for the loss suffered early on in the season. But, this one belongs to Stanford.

FINAL: Stanford 14, Siegfried 6

Luke Brizzolara — Sports Writer

Notre Dame vs. Michigan. Welsh Fam vs. Ryan. What do these rivalries have in common? There is one clearly superior team playing against an outmatched team that is lucky to even be mentioned in the same breath as the superior team.

History repeats itself, and Welsh Fam, looking for its third title in four years, will once again beat Ryan inside Notre Dame Stadium to claim the women’s championship. Even though Welsh Fam is playing with a roster of over half freshman, they will still dominate.

“The Battle of West Quad” will be a slaughter.

FINAL: Welsh Family 49, Ryan 7

Hayden Adams — Sports Writer

This is a tough game to predict.  Ryan Hall is undefeated on the season and leads the league in both points per game and points allowed per game (22.5 and 6.25, respectively). Welsh Family Hall has one loss on the year and averages more than a touchdown less per game than Ryan.

Though the stats tend in Ryan’s direction, the Whirlwinds cannot be dismissed out of hand. They have yet to give up any points so far in the tournament, and their offense has found its footing in the post-season.

However, I believe that Ryan will win this game because of their scrappy play. Not only did they come back from a 12-0 deficit in the fourth quarter of their first-round game, they’ve gone undefeated with a sophomore quarterback after their three-year starter tore her ACL in the opener. I think the Wildcats will find a way to pull out the victory.

FINAL: Ryan 20, Welsh Family 13