-

-

To the Notre Dame family

| Monday, November 19, 2018

On Saturday, Nov. 17, the Sophomore Class Council, Student Government Executive Cabinet, Junior Class Council and Notre Dame Athletics Marketing co-hosted a viewing of the Shamrock Series game, in which Notre Dame trounced Syracuse by a margin of 36–3. Turnout for the event was high, with conservative estimates putting the number of how many students attended at around 550. We sincerely hope that all those who attended thoroughly enjoyed the event and we wish to show our appreciation for those who helped make the event a success.

To all those involved, thank you. Thank you to Notre Dame cheerleaders Pat Johnson, Rachel Mazzini, Katie Solarz and Paul Fleming, who volunteered their time to help lead the crowd in cheers throughout intermissions. Thank you to the staff at Campus Dining, who went above and beyond in providing food for the crowd, which nearly doubled our anticipated attendance. Thank you to Eduardo Luna,Co-Director of the Student Government Department of Student Life, for putting a great deal of effort into ensuring the logistics of the event were taken care of. Thank you to Notre Dame Athletics Marketing, which provided various prizes that were given away, including the Shamrock Series jersey, the Notre Dame season tickets and bowl game ticket. Thank you to Ron Grisoli and the staff of the Duncan Student Center, who permitted us to use the Midfield Commons for the event. Thank you to our fellow members of the Sophomore Class Council, who volunteered their time to ensure that the event ran smoothly. Above all, thank you to all the students who attended the game watch, making the atmosphere lively and energetic throughout each of the game’s four quarters.

The Sophomore Class Council understands that the success of this event is owed to the successful cooperation of each of the moving parts which went into making it. By working with other student organizations, as well as with the university as a whole, we hope to provide the sophomore class, as well as the general student body, with more events such as these throughout the rest of the year.

To student leaders around campus — whether you be leaders in a club, dorm or other student group — we look forward to working with you throughout the rest of the year. You form the core of Notre Dame’s campus life and we want to work with you to achieve our mutual goals.

To all members of the Notre Dame community, we look forward to seeing you at future events. We hope that our programming helps you to enjoy your year just a little bit more.

In Notre Dame,

Michael Dugan

sophomore

Michael Dunn

sophomore

Nov. 18

Letters to the Editor can be submitted by all members of the Notre Dame community. To submit a letter to the Viewpoint Editor, email [email protected]