-

-

Saint Mary’s appoints new general counsel

| Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Nancy Nekvasil, the Interim President of Saint Mary’s College, has appointed attorney Martha “Marty” McCampbell to serve as the College’s general counsel effective Dec. 4, according to a press release.

“[McCampbell] has a strong record of success throughout her diverse legal career,” Nekvasil said in the release. “With significant higher-education experience, she brings a wealth of knowledge about the industry that will make her a valuable addition to our leadership team.”

Since June 7, the College has been searching for a new general counsel. Former College general counsel Cristal Brisco was appointed as magistrate for the St. Joseph Circuit Court and began serving in that role since July 16, according to a June press release.

McCampbell most recently worked as deputy Title IX coordinator and director of diversity, equity and inclusion at Indiana University South Bend, according to the release. She also served as general counsel to Lincoln Memorial University, a private, liberal arts university in Tennessee from 2011 to 2015.

McCampbell attended the University of Tennessee for both undergraduate and law school. McCampbell also served as trial counsel for the Knox County, Tenn. Law Director’s office. This role enabled her to serve as in-house counsel to Knox County Schools, “a district with 88 schools and nearly 60,000 students,” the release said.

“I am grateful for the opportunity to contribute to the Saint Mary’s tradition of educating women with a sense of purpose and social responsibility,” McCampbell said in the release. “The values of community, faith and justice that infuse the College will be a continual source of inspiration.”

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report