-

-

irish insider

Class of 2019: Offense/Special Teams

| Thursday, February 7, 2019

KENDALL ABDUR-RAHMAN

Photo courtesy of Blue & Gold Illustrated, Rivals

WIDE RECEIVER

6’0” • 175

Edwardsville High School

Edwardsville, Ill.

The Irish add elite speed and quickness in Kendall Abdur-Rahman. Abdur-Rahman, the 14th-best player from Illinois, is rated as an athlete and 3-star recruit by Rivals.com. Abdur-Rahman played quarterback and free safety for the Edwardsville Tigers, earning Illinois Class 8A All-State Selection for both his junior and senior seasons. Despite his high school career at quarterback, Abdur-Rahman will likely be converted to a wide receiver when he arrives in South Bend.

Abdur-Rahman verbally committed to the Irish in early Sept. 2018, and signed his NLI during the early signing period. Abdur-Rahman chose the Irish over several Big Ten schools, including in-state rivals Purdue and Indiana.

JAY BRAMBLETT

KICKER

6’2” • 175

Hillcrest

Tuscaloosa, Ala.

In this years recruiting class, Notre Dame signed one of the top punters in the nation in Jay Bramblett. The Tuscaloosa, Ala. native is a three-star recruit from Hillcrest High School. According to Rivals, Bramblett is the No. 5 ranked punter in the 2019 recruiting class and had a scholarship offer from the University of Missouri.

Bramblett committed to Notre Dame on May 30 and officially signed on with the Irish on Dec. 19. Bramblett elected to enroll early in January.

The 6-foot-2, 175-pound punter averaged over 45 yards per punt his senior season with a long of 59 yards, and had 25 punts downed inside the 20-yard line his junior year.

Bramblett is expected to start his freshman year, replacing graduate student and captain Tyler Newsome.

QUINN CARROLL

OFFENSIVE LINEMAN

6’6” • 295

Edina Senior High School

Edina, Minn.

The Irish were able to land the 6-foot-6 offensive tackle out of Edina over 33 other Division I programs; including the local University of Minnesota. Carroll is the No. 1 ranked player out of Minnesota in the 2019 class, and will be a promising addition to an already-experienced Notre Dame offensive line.

Carroll, a four-star recruit, was named First Team All-State by the Minnesota Associated Press in 2018 as well as First Team All-Metro by the Star Tribune. Carroll is currently ranked as the seventh-best offensive tackle by Rivals.com, and the 68th player overall.

Carroll will join Zeke Correll, Andrew Kristofic and John Olmstead in South Bend as one of the top-ranked offensive line class nationwide for the 2019 cycle.

BRENDON CLARK

QUARTERBACK

6’2” • 217

Manchester High School

Midlothian, Va.

In December, Notre Dame signed Brendon Clark, a three-star quarterback from Manchester High School. The Irish were able to earn his commitment despite other offers from ACC programs such as Wake Forest, Duke and Clemson. Clark led his team to a Virginia state championship last year, and his arm strength has drawn some comparisons to current Notre Dame quarterback Ian Book.

In his senior season, Clark had 2,326 passing yards, 52 total touchdowns, and only one interception. He also won the 2018 Virginia All-Region 6B Offensive Player of the Year and garnered 2018 Virginia All-Region 6B First-Team honors. He will likely play behind Book and Phil Jurkovec for the foreseeable future and should earn some valuable experience from the sideline in the fall.

ZEKE CORRELL

OFFENSIVE LINEMAN

6’4” • 285

Anderson

Cincinnati

Known traditionally for a strong offensive line, Notre Dame once again added a big recruit as four-star offensive guard Zeke Correll has signed with the Irish. Receiving offers from some of the biggest programs in the nation such as Michigan, Ohio State and Clemson, Correll committed to the Irish last summer after being recruited by line coaches Jeff Quinn and Mike Elston.

Correll hails from the Cincinnati area, where he attended Anderson High School. The 6-foot-4, 285-pound lineman was listed as the No. 6 offensive guard nationally and No. 4 player from Ohio by Rivals. Thanks to his commitment during the early signing period, Correll has chosen to enroll early so as to get a jump start on his work towards potentially starting on the offensive line as a true freshman.

CAM HART

WIDE RECEIVER

6’3” • 181

Good Counsel

Olney, Md.

A wide receiver from Olney, Md., Cam Hart committed to the Irish in July and signed his letter of intent with Notre Dame during the early signing period in December. The two-sport athlete ran track in addition to football, and he brings speed to the wide receiver position. Hart is listed at 6-foot-3 and weighs in at 181 pounds.

After playing wide receiver and safety in high school, Hart checks in as the No. 11 prospect in Maryland and the No. 53 wide receiver prospect in the country, per Rivals. During his senior season, Hart hauled in 37 receptions for 643 yards and seven touchdowns.

Hart received 15 total offers, and selected the Irish over his hometown Maryland.

ANDREW KRISTOFIC

OFFENSIVE LINEMAN

6’6” • 260

Pine-Richland High School

Gibsonia, Pa.

Pennsylvania’s No. 1 recruit, Andrew Kristofic, has enrolled at Notre Dame for the spring semester. The four-star offensive tackle has been committed since last April despite strong offers from Clemson, Boston College and Florida. At Pine-Richland High School, Kristofic was a teammate of the Irish’s current backup quarterback, Phil Jurkovec, and was selected to play in the 2019 All-American Bowl in San Antonio, Texas.

Weighing in at 282 pounds and standing at 6-foot-5, Kristofic is a force to be reckoned with to opposing defenses, ranked as the No. 32 offensive tackle in the nation. He will bring some depth to Notre Dame’s offensive line, and currently sits behind Liam Eichenberg and Jarrett Patterson on the depth chart for left tackles.

JOHN OLMSTEAD

OFFENSIVE TACKLE

6’6” • 285

Saint Joseph’s

Metuchen, N.J.

Olmstead adds to the depth of the Irish offensive line unit. The third-best player in New Jersey and 15th-best offensive lineman in the country is rated a four-star recruit by Rivals.com. In addition to his high rating, Olmstead was named to the 2018 First-Team All-State Offense by NJ.com.

Olmstead verbally committed to the Irish the day before the 2018 Blue-Gold Game, and signed his Letter of Intent during the early signing period. Olmstead is one of 10 freshman and four offensive lineman from the 2019 class to enroll early, giving him the opportunity to improve his skill and add muscle to his already monstrous 6-foot-6, 285-pound frame during spring practice.

KYREN WILLIAMS

RUNNING BACK

5’9” • 191

St. John Vianney

St. Louis

Williams is the No. 34-ranked overall running back nationally and the No. 6 player from Missouri. This past season, he led St. John Vianney to the 2018 Class 5 Missouri State Championship, recording 2,035 rushing yards, 725 receiving yards and 40 total touchdowns as a senior, leading him to be named the 2018 Missouri Football Coaches Association Class 5 Offensive Player of the Year.

Combining vision, quickness and strength, Williams should flourish under the tutelage of new Running Backs coach Lance Taylor. One of 10 players to enroll early on campus, Williams had additional time to prepare to compete for playing time in the Irish backfield next season after the departure of Dexter Williams.

Tags: