-

-

Saint Mary’s appoints vice president for strategy and finance

| Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Interim College President Nancy Nekvasil announced Dana Strait as the new vice president for strategy and finance in a press release Tuesday. Strait will assume her position March 4.

“Strait is dedicated to our mission of empowering women through an education of the mind and the heart,” Nekvasil said in the release. “I am excited to have her join Saint Mary’s and know that her expertise will help us bolster and broaden our investments in our students and campus with compassion, strength and purpose.”

Currently the principal of corporate strategy and new product development at the Education Advisory Board, Strait has researched the “affordability and enrollment trends at U.S. colleges and universities, including sustainable strategies for revenue growth,” as stated in the release.

She has utilized this knowledge to provide guidance “for advancing college access, financial sustainability and student success” at hundreds of universities throughout the U.S., the release said.

“I could not be more grateful to be welcomed into the Saint Mary’s College community, to work together with President Nekvasil and her cabinet to meet and exceed the many goals before us,” Strait said in the release. “It only took a few minutes on campus to discover that this is a very special place, with an outstanding faculty, a robust history and deeply invested students and graduates. Together, I have no doubt that we will see increased growth and opportunity for both the college and for the mission it serves.”

Strait attended Whitworth University, gaining a Bachelor of Arts in Music, and later attended Northwestern University to receive a Ph.D. in neuroscience.

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report