-

-

A Pangborn welcome

| Monday, April 29, 2019

Dear incoming first-years, transfer students and our Pangborn family:

We are so excited to welcome you into our family! Pangborn has the unique opportunity of founding our own traditions — and we can’t wait to hear your ideas!

Pangborn might get a bad rap for its unbecoming exterior (though we’re partial to the lion statues that flank our entrance), but its character is defined by its people rather than its appearance. At heart, Pangborn is a community of pioneers. We are adventurous, kind, loving and accepting. Though many of us knew each other prior to transferring, we also welcome the sisters who we did not know into our community with open arms. We have bonded over desserts with a borderline unhealthy amount of simple carbohydrates; we have shared phone numbers and life stories; we have an active Pangborn group chat.

Though our time in Pangborn is temporary, we plan to fully embrace our “starter house.” We have a kitchen to break bread as a family. We have a chapel to worship together and grow in our faith. We have lounges for late night talks, board games, spa nights and sisterhood. We have large windows with beautiful views of the golf course, bookshelves in every room and ample closet space. Our family is not limited to the physical confines of our space, but our love for one another will still be manifested in the hall’s amenities and decorations.

Pangborn will be our home for the next year, and after that, we will call our new residence hall “home.” Our home cannot be confined to a building or a dorm room. Our home is friendship, sisterhood and belonging that transcends the walls of any residence hall. It is a family that will continue to be earnestly cultivated by Pangborn’s powerful, strong, trailblazing women.

Welcome home!

Ellen Pil, Irene Newman

sophomores

April 26

Tags: ,

Letters to the Editor can be submitted by all members of the Notre Dame community. To submit a letter to the Viewpoint Editor, email [email protected]