-

-

Saint Mary’s to host conference promoting female empowerment in business

| Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Saint Mary’s announced the College will be hosting the #RealBossLady Engaging Women Conference on May 22 in an email sent to the College community Tuesday.

According to the release, the conference, hosted by the College’s Women’s Entrepreneurial Initiative (WEI), a nonprofit group that works to empower women in business, and 1st Source Bank, was founded in 2015 and has since hosted over 1,000 female leaders.

“Women in the community will have the opportunity to learn, share and grow while networking with many other women leaders at this year’s annual Engaging Women Conference,” the release said.

Willow Wetherall, director of the WEI at Saint Mary’s, said this year’s theme, #RealBossLady, will focus on “being the boss of one’s personal life, career and business, while also attending to women’s desires to have a lasting impact.”

Beatrice Phillips, director of business development at Boling Vision and a member of the conference’s planning committee, said the event is designed to support women in all stages of their careers.

“Women in our community are at many different points in their lives, careers and businesses — entry-level, rising stars or executive management,“ Phillips said. ”Whether we are launching or growing businesses, advancing our careers or making a difference in our communities, we can reach our goals and our full potential faster with the support of other women.”

The conference will help equip women to serve their local communities, Wetherall said.

“We will be providing tools for our attendees to take these messages back out into their communities, workplaces and businesses to create positive change for women in the greater South Bend-Elkhart region,” Wetherall said. “We want to amplify the impact of this one day and drive it forward, so it lives on outside the walls of the conference year round.”

The event will also recognize the legacy of the College’s 175th anniversary, the email said.

“Generations of Saint Mary’s graduates have emerged as global leaders and change-makers,” Wetherall said. “We pay tribute to the visionary leadership and perseverance of the founding sisters as we come together for a day of growth, connection and lasting change.”

The conference will be held May 22 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Early registration, which lasts until May 3, is $70 with the promo code “early bird.” Regular registration for the event is $85.

For more information, contact Willow Wetherall at [email protected]

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report