Shooting on Notre Dame Avenue injures two IUSB students

South Bend police are currently investigating an early morning shooting on Notre Dame Avenue that left two Indiana University South Bend (IUSB) students injured, according to a report from ABC57 News.

Police said that a group of men came to the house and threatened party attendees, then fired shots into the house, according to a report from the South Bend Tribune.

According to police, a group of men showed up and made threats against others at the party, then fired shots into the back of the house.

“The shooting happened around 2:34 a.m. Sunday morning in the 100 block of Notre Dame Avenue, just south of St. Joseph High School,“ the report said.

Witnesses and investigators say the victims are players on IUSB‘s men‘s baseball team, according to the report. One victim has “minor“ injuries, while the other victim‘s wounds are “serious.“

According to the Tribune's report, a 19-year-old man suffered a neck wound and was taken to the hospital. He is now in stable condition. A 20-year-old man was grazed and treated by first responders at the scene, where he refused additional medical attention.

“Police say there was a house party and someone from the outside started shooting into home. Police are searching for the suspects,“ the report said.

The case is currently under investigation by the South Bend Police Investigative Bureau and no arrests had been made as of Sunday morning, according to the Tribune's report.

Editor's note: Story updated at 4:12 p.m.