-

-

University names new assistant vice president for institutional equity

| Friday, May 31, 2019

Erin Oliver (’05) will serve as the Office of Human Resources’ first assistant vice president for institutional equity starting June 1, the University announced in a press release Friday.

Oliver previously worked as director and Title IX coordinator at Purdue University. In her new role, she will lead and oversee issues related to harassment, discrimination, affirmative action and equal opportunity, the release said. She will also work with the Office of the Provost and Office of Human Resources to promote the “recruitment and retention of diverse faculty and staff.”

In her previous role at Purdue, Oliver chaired the Title IX stakeholder committee and ADA people and technology committee, the release said. She worked as a special counsel in the areas of law, conflict resolution and Title IX and ADA compliance and training.

“Erin brings extensive experience as a leader in the area of institutional equity and has proven expertise in managing harassment and discrimination issues in a university setting,” Robert McQuade, vice president of Human Resources, said in the release. “We are proud to welcome Erin. Her experience in serving in leadership roles in handling and providing guidance regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act and creating training sessions on ADA and serving as an ADA coordinator will also be an asset to Notre Dame.”

She graduated from Notre Dame with a bachelor’s degree in American Studies, as well as an anthropology minor. She also graduated from Michigan State University Law School in 2012.

As a tribal council member of the Miami Nation of Indians of Indiana, Oliver also has experience in Native American affairs by serving as its director of public relations. She completed a four-year term on Indiana’s Native American Indian Affairs Commission and is a current member on the board of advisors at Indianapolis’ Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Arts, the release said.

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report