-

-

Jenkins announces new fundraising initiative

| Sunday, July 14, 2019

In an email to parents and donors Sunday, University President Fr. John Jenkins announced the start of a new fundraising initiative. The gift planning initiative, entitled “Love Thee Notre Dame” will last three years, the email said.

“Today, because of the extraordinary generosity and dedication of so many, we are able to advance Notre Dame’s distinctive Catholic mission to be a healing, unifying and enlightening force in many important and exciting ways on campus, across the country and around the globe,” Jenkins said in the email. “And yet, there is still much work to be done, in a world that grows ever more complex.”

Observer File Photo

University President Fr. John Jenkins speaks in a file photo from 2018. Jenkins announced a new fundraising initiative Sunday, aimed at increasing planned gifts.

In announcing the initiative, Jenkins extolled the importance of planned gifts throughout the University’s history, saying they are critical in allowing the school to operate.

“In anticipation of the needs, hopes and aspirations of those who will carry forward Notre Dame’s mission in the years to come, I am pleased to announce the beginning of a new, three-year gift planning initiative known as Love Thee Notre Dame,” he said in the email. “Throughout Notre Dame’s history, planned gifts made by alumni, parents and friends have sustained and strengthened the University. These generous gifts allow Notre Dame to plan with confidence for tomorrow’s needs and opportunities.”

The initiative’s webpage echoed Jenkins’ message in the email.

“[The initiative] is an invitation to all who love Notre Dame to be among those who, through planned gifts, allow Our Lady’s University to plan confidently for the future,” the webpage said. “Thoughtfully structured planned gifts are uniquely powerful in sustaining and growing the University’s ability to carry forward Her mission, while often affording exceptional financial and tax benefits to benefactors.”

According to the webpage, the “simplest” way to give a planned gift to Notre Dame is through the terms of either a will or a revocable trust, or “to designate Notre Dame as the beneficiary of a retirement plan account.”

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report