Holy Cross announces new dean of students, director of residence life and housing

Andrew Polaniecki will serve as dean of students and director of residence life and housing at Holy Cross, the College announced in a press release Thursday. Polaniecki steps into the role after having worked as Holy Cross’ director of campus ministry since 2009.

The role of director of campus ministry will be filled by Andrew Ouellette, Holy Cross announced Aug. 8.

“It has been an honor to continue growing with this community,” Polaniecki said in the release. “I am fortunate to have this opportunity to further my engagement with our young men and women as we continue to provide them a formative Catholic education.”

A graduate of Notre Dame and former seminarian at Old College, Polaniecki received a master’s degree in education from Loyola University, New Orleans and an MBA from the University of Saint Francis in Joliet, Illinois, the release said. In addition to his responsibilities as director of campus ministry, Polaniecki also directed the Saints & Scholars Summer Theology Institute at Holy Cross, a program for high school students.

“Andrew’s transition from campus minister to dean of students speaks to his leadership and commitment to our students and this institution,” Holy Cross senior vice president Michael Griffin said in the release. “His faith, experience and longtime devotion to the College will fortify our distinctly Catholic mission and be a service to each one of our scholars.”