University announces pep rally schedule for 2019 home games

Notre Dame has announced the locations and times for its football pep rallies, which are all free and open to the public.

They will take place on Fridays before home football games in various locations around the University’s campus.

The pep rallies typically feature performances from the Notre Dame cheerleaders, the Leprechaun, the Pom Squad, Notre Dame’s dance team, the Gold Gang and appearances by coaches and players, with remarks from head coach Brian Kelly and selected players

1568246352-1ad81904e4c803c-700x587
Observer File Photo
Irish football players sing the alma mater during a pep rally in Purcell Pavilion on Sep. 16, 2016.

As of right now, every pep rally for the seven Irish home games is scheduled to start at 6 p.m. The first four pep rallies — corresponding to the New Mexico, Virginia, Bowling Green and USC games — are all scheduled to take place outdoors, weather permitting.

The New Mexico pep rally is set to kick-off this Friday, Sept. 13, with live music starting at 5 p.m. In keeping with tradition, the first pep rally of the year is planned to take place on South Quad outside of the Rockne Memorial.

The pep rallies for Virginia and Bowling Green, held on Sept. 27 and Oct. 4, respectively, will both be located on Eddy Street, and the USC pep rally will be located on Library Quad in front of the “Word of Life” — otherwise known as “Touchdown Jesus” — mural. All the outdoor pep rallies will have live music beginning at 5 p.m.

Starting with the weekend of the Virginia Tech football game, the final three pep rallies of the year will move indoors to the Compton Family Ice Arena. The Irish will face the Hokies on Nov. 2, with the pep rally occurring the day before. The University will then wrap up its event slate with rallies for the Nov. 16 Navy game and Nov. 23 Senior Day matchup against Boston College, which will also be held in Compton.