-

-

Student Government, bring back Xfinity

| Monday, November 4, 2019

Notre Dame Student Government has committed a crime against the student body that has gone unnoticed for too long.

About two weeks into the semester, the student Xfinity service was removed with very little notice and almost no warning to those of us who used the service weekly. A few weeks into this new way of life, I have found myself reaching for the New York Times a total of ​zero​ times and craving my old Xfinity services every Thursday night as I try to wind down from my stressful week with some ​Riverdale​. In the beginning of the semester, every Monday and Tuesday my attempts at dorm-bonding were consistently foiled by this university’s forcing me to absorb the intricacies and politics of ​Bachelor in Paradise ​a day late.

The decision to prevent students from enjoying television and instead promoting a more “highbrow” form of entertainment seems like a propagandic move against the industry and past-time that is television, and not a decision made in the true interest of the student body. Examine the student body and tell me what will bond them more: watching our ​own​ ​team​ play football on the road, or pretending to read news articles? Would they rather talk about ​Bachelor in Paradise,​ or have one poli-sci major trap them into a conversation about the newest edition of the New York Times they haven’t read? I think I know the answer — does the Student Government?

Greta Klaus

junior

Oct. 31

Letters to the Editor can be submitted by all members of the Notre Dame community. To submit a letter to the Viewpoint Editor, email [email protected]