27 activities for 100 days
Evy Stein | Friday, February 7, 2020
At the exact moment this inside column is published online, the senior class at Notre Dame will officially have 100 days until graduation. This makes me feel a lot of things — sad is definitely at the top of the list — but that is not the point of this inside column. The point is someone needed to write an inside column, and tonight is the 100 Days Dance, so it’s on my mind. Sad is not the point!
I recognize that some of these activities are inevitable and some are silly, but it’s my column so please enjoy a list of 27 to-do’s I hope to check off before I graduate (in no particular order).
- Go inside every building on campus
- Have an official Kraft mac and cheese postgame
- Figure out who the commencement speaker is
- Find two long formal dresses (yeah that’s right, Dome Dance, baby!)
- Finish writing my thesis
- Attend class at Saint Mary’s with Maria
- Minimize time doing homework while engaging thoroughly in my classes
- Maximize time watching “The Bachelor” with my roommates
- Purchase an amazing and humongous floppy hat for spring break
- Witness one small-scale-viral Observer TikTok
- Go climbing in Duncan
- Spend an evening at Four Winds Field
- Go to another basketball game
- Welcome the new Viewpoint Editor 🙂
- Convert aforementioned spring break floppy hat into an appropriately high-fashion hat for the Kentucky Derby
- Walk the St. Joe River Lights
- Learn how to make buffalo chicken dip
- Attend a Friday noontime concert in LaBar
- Get asked to Observer Prom
- Line dance at Cowboy Up
- Host a craft night
- Complete our house mood board
- Hang out with my sister (and her friends) (shoutout to the quad!)
- Visit the Indiana Dunes
- Listen to my 5,000th hour of Philip Glass
- Play pick up basketball in Duncan
- Eat more Southwest Salad
Please feel free to reach out at [email protected] if you would like to join me in crossing off anything on this list or if you have more suggestions! I will be printing this out and adding it to our house mood board to cross off item #22 immediately.
The views expressed in this column are those of the author and not necessarily those of The Observer.