-

-

ND Women’s Lacrosse

Aldave, Buchanan, Howe named to preseason All-ACC Team

| Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Three Notre Dame women’s lacrosse players were named to the preseason All-ACC Team. Junior midfielder Andie Aldave, senior midfielder Savannah Buchanan and junior attacker Maddie Howe all received the honor announced by the conference Tuesday afternoon.

Allison Thornton | The Observer

Irish junior midfielder Andie Aldave looks to pass during Notre Dame’s 9-7 victory over North Carolina on March 31 at home.

In 2019, Aldave set personal bests and was the second-highest scorer on the team with 67 points and 47 goals, and she also broke her own program record for draw controls in a season with 152, good for sixth in the nation with an average eight draw controls per game. The 2020 captain was named to the All-ACC and IWLCA first teams last season.

Buchanan was a threat on both sides of the ball last season, tallying 71 draw controls and 38 ground balls, both second-best on the team in 2019. The Baltimore native, also a 2020 team captain, also scored 34 points and caused 22 turnovers last season.

Howe is looking to build off a strong offensive year last season in which she scored a team-best 59 goals and 78 points. Six of those goals and six assists came in a game against Ohio State, tying the program record for most points in a single game.

The Irish are ranked third in the preseason ACC Coaches Poll, behind reigning conference champion North Carolina and Syracuse, and they are ranked No. 7 in both the Inside Lacrosse and the IWLCA preseason polls. The Irish start their season next Sunday at noon with a home matchup against Marquette at Loftus Sports Center.