-

-

Siegfried Hall’s 14th annual Day of Man

| Monday, February 3, 2020

Dearest members of the Notre Dame, Holy Cross and Saint Mary’s community,

No, you are not dreaming. There are indeed athletic, good-looking, (mostly single) Ramblers roaming Our Lady’s campus dressed for the beach in the middle of winter. This Wednesday, Feb. 5, the Ramblers of Siegfried Hall will brave the elements and host their 14th annual Day of Man.

The tradition was born one frantic morning 13 years ago, when a Siegfried resident forgot his coat on his way to class and realized how cold the winters of South Bend can really get. He put this thought into action and gathered a group of friends to stand out in the cold to raise money to benefit the homeless community of South Bend. Over the past 13 years, Siegfried Hall has raised over $145,000 to benefit the South Bend Center for the Homeless. This year, we once again need your help.

And so, we are calling on you to stand with us and donate to help a cause everyone can get behind. You may be asking, “So how will I find a Siegfried man to give my donation to?” Well, typically shouting about PB Proteins from Duncan will make a pack of Ramblers appear. We will also be manning the doors of the beautiful North and South dining halls during dinner. We will sing, dance or even tell a joke in order to secure your donation. If it snows by next Wednesday, we might even make you a snow angel. If you are strapped for cash, Day of Man will once again be gladly accepting Venmo donations, and the event will have an online donation site where you, friends and family can all donate to this worthy fundraiser. Look for the link shared on the Day of Man Facebook event page and please share it. Please help us make this year’s event our most successful ever.

Peace, Love, PDub, and Live, Laugh, Lewis,

Charlie Lemkuil

sophomore

Kieran Wurl

junior

Ethan Lipnicky

junior

Andrew Schmogyi

junior

Jess Hatfield

senior

Jan. 31

Tags: , , , , , ,

Letters to the Editor can be submitted by all members of the Notre Dame community. To submit a letter to the Viewpoint Editor, email [email protected]