-

-

Holy Cross declares distanced learning until end of semester

| Thursday, March 19, 2020

Holy Cross College will extend online classes for the rest of the semester due to the COVID-19 pandemic, College President Fr. David Tyson said in an email sent out to students Thursday. 

“Like you, I was hoping and praying that the College community would be able to reassemble for the last part of the semester,” Tyson said in the email. “Unfortunately, we simply cannot do so if we are to exercise proper vigilance and prudent judgment at this time.”

Distance learning for Holy Cross will continue until May 1, and final exams are scheduled to take place from May 4-8, according to the email.

Tyson said in the email he intends “to do everything in [his] power to make sure that graduation takes place,” though extenuating circumstances regarding the COVID-19 progression may affect these plans. 

“I again ask your continued good will and patience during these days and in this somewhat unprecedented situation for Holy Cross College, our country, and, indeed, the world,” he said.

The campus will remain closed until further notice, and information regarding the move-out process and room-picks for the 2020-2021 academic term will come in the next few weeks, dean of students Andrew Polaniecki said in a follow-up email.

Due to the closing of the residence halls, the College plans on prorating room and board expenses, Polaniecki said, but the administration is still working out the details.

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report