-

-

ND student tests positive for COVID-19

| Wednesday, March 18, 2020

A Notre Dame student previously studying abroad in London tested positive for COVID-19, Paul Browne, vice president for public affairs and communications, said in an email Wednesday.

The student returned from the U.K. last week to their home without returning to Notre Dame’s main campus, Browne said, and self-quarantined prior to testing positive to the virus.

“The student’s local health department is currently overseeing medical care in conjunction with local providers,” the email said. “These local health officials are authorized to notify additional individuals who may have been in recent, close contact with the student.”

Notre Dame continues to endorse social distancing and hand hygiene to prevent the spread of the virus. In order to provide the campus community with information, the email said the University will circulate a weekly summary of COVID-19 developments starting Friday. Browne also asked all those who think they may have the virus or have been in close contact with someone who tested positive to call either their local health providers, the Notre Dame Wellness Center or the University Health Center.

“We are grateful for your continued patience, flexibility and dedication,” Browne said. “Meanwhile, please pray for the health of members of the Notre Dame community or anyone who has been compromised by this disease.”

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report