To my fellow Belles

Fellow Belles, Saint Mary’s is not a place we go to, but a place we come from. The gift of our Saint Mary’s education is that after four years of discovering our place in the world, we then get to go out and change it. As we find ourselves separated into different communities, remember that you are bringing all that you learned at Saint Mary’s with you. The spirit of the college is inside each and every one of you! The 2019-2020 core value is community. When stepping into office, the fostering of community was at the heart of our initiatives and platforms. In a time when it seems like all of our daily activities and routines are postponed or canceled, I would like to remind you that the Saint Mary’s College community is not postponed or canceled. Our friendships are still there, even if not in a Le Mans dorm room; the relationships we have formed with faculty are being upheld through virtual classes and email; the desires, beliefs and morals our Saint Mary’s education has given us are carried out through each of our actions daily. As we enter into this period of uncertainty, we ask that you do your part in helping us live out this year’s core value of community. Love your friends, video chat with your roommate, Skype your favorite study buddy, let professors and staff know you are thankful for the hard work they are putting in. If the Saint Mary’s community is what makes this place home, how lucky are we that we are able to bring it with us? As we settle into our various corners of the world, know that your Student Government Association President and Executive team are still (virtually) in your corner, rooting for you and cheering you on. We’ll be back to late nights in Trumper and Sunday morning brunch in our pajamas in no time, but until then, remember to keep the community strong. The global community needs the support that we find at Saint Mary’s. Stay safe and God bless. In Saint Mary’s,

Terra Nelson

Saint Mary’s student body president

Olivia Allen

vice president

Haley Mitchell

chief of staff

Anna Zappa

vice president external

Deirdre Drinkall

vice president of finance

March 19