Vice president for student affairs answers questions, provides timeline for information regarding move-in process for fall semester

In a question and answer session hosted by student government, vice president for student affairs Erin Hoffmann Harding provided updates regarding the fall semester through a video posted on YouTube Friday.

She said information regarding the move-in process will be relayed to students on June 15.

When asked about widespread mask requirements, Hoffmann Harding said she believes some mask wearing will certainly be a part of life on campus in the fall, but the exact parameters have not been finalized. In terms of quarantine and isolation, the University is currently looking at ways to create isolation space for those who test positive for COVID-19 and quarantine space for students in close contact with those who tested positive.

“Our anticipation and our hope is to have testing available so that we can as quickly as possible determine if those students have a positive diagnosis as well,” Hoffmann Harding said.

For students living off campus whose leases begin after August 10, Hoffmann Harding recommended reaching out to the Office of Residential Life.

“We want to gather a sense of a count of students who may be impacted, and we also want to be helpful,” Hoffmann Harding said. “Perhaps as students are having conversations with local property owners, if those are relationships that we already have at the university we want to support students and be of help.”

She also advised students holding internships that end after August 10 to email the Meruelo Family Center for Career Development.

Hoffmann Harding said the University’s Academic Council will work in the next coming months to consider changes to the leave amendment for international students and for those at higher risk for severe illness who may not be able to return to campus in the fall.

For students who may be asked to isolate and quarantine, faculty members are planning for “dual delivery” of their courses, so students can continue their studies.