-

-

Men’s Basketball

Zona, Taylor, Sanders, Wertz: Irish 2020 Recruiting Class Breakdown

| Friday, May 1, 2020

After three straight seasons without an NCAA Tournament appearance (the most recent COVID-19 induced) and with the departure of T.J. Gibbs, Rex Pflueger and John Mooney, Notre Dame men’s basketball head coach Mike Brey has put together a 2020 recruiting class that will look to bolster the Irish back to national success in the coming years.

Observer File Photo

Irish head coach Mike Brey coaches from the sidelines during Notre Dame’s 77-74 loss to Miami (FL) on Feb. 19, 2018 at Purcell Pavilion. Brey, the men’s program’s winningest coach, will look to end a 3-year NCAA Tournament hiatus in the 2020-21 season.

2020 Recruiting Class:

Matt Zona — 6-foot-9, 235-pound center; Bergen Catholic High School, Oradell, NJ

Elijah Taylor — 6-foot-8, 215-pound power forward; Imhotep Institute Charter High School, Philadelphia, PA

Tony Sanders Jr. — 6-foot-7, 190-pound small forward; Gulliver Prep School, Miami, FL

Trey Wertz — 6-foot-4, 185-pound combo guard; Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

About Hayden Adams

Hayden is a senior double majoring in Physics and Film, Television & Theatre with a minor in Journalism, Ethics & Democracy. He is a proud son of the state of Kentucky and member of Zahm House. Feel free to provide him procrastination material in the form of lively discussion about college football and basketball or the genius of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Contact Hayden