-

-

Jenkins outlines daily health check requirement for students

| Monday, July 27, 2020

In a Monday email to the student body, University President Fr. John Jenkins outlined steps students will be expected to take to return to campus in two weeks, and introduced the online tool for wellness checks.

Jenkins said there were four key actions students were responsible for in the midst of the global pandemic — wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, washing their hands often and completing a daily health check.

Jenkins said students would be expected to complete a daily, online health check beginning July 28.

“We write today to introduce the Return to Campus Advisor (RTCA), the online tool we will all use for the daily health check. Through some simple questions that take less than 2 minutes to complete, the RTCA will identify symptoms you have that could be related to COVID-19,” Jenkins said in the email.

According to the email, students will either receive a green pass, clearing them to report to class or work, or a red pass and stay in place to follow instructions.

Students are required to log in and report their conditions seven days a week, even if they will not be on campus.

“The aggregate data provided by the health check will help identify emerging trends and shape campus responses,” Jenkins said.

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report