Saint Mary’s announces additional fall semester, move-in policies

In a Monday evening email to the student body, Gloria Jenkins, interim vice president for student affairs, announced additional information regarding the fall semester.

Students will begin returning to campus Aug. 3 and continue through Aug. 9, with Residential Life and Campus Ministry leaders moving in July 27. Upon arrival, students will be given a two-hour window to move belongings into their rooms and are encouraged to bring their own move-in supplies, including carts and dollies. Each student is allowed two assistants for the move-in process.

For the fall semester, off-campus students will not be allowed to visit students in their residence halls, and stoves and ovens will not be available for use.

The Health and Counseling Center will be open to provide routine care to students in addition to a separate COVID-19 evaluation and testing center for students who test positive or have been exposed to the virus. A new, 24/7 telehealth service will also be implemented free of charge for students’ physical and mental health needs.

Saint Mary’s athletics intends to play its fall league schedule as planned. The Angela Athletic and Wellness Complex will operate under its normal hours with adjustments for capacity, sanitation and physical distancing. Fitness classes and intramural sports will follow these adjustments as well.

Regarding student organizations and programs, the email said “Saint Mary’s students may continue to participate in tri-campus activities while following the health and safety guidelines for each individual campus.”

First-year students will receive introduction to such organizations and programs during Belles Beginnings, the email said.

Students who have any questions regarding these policies are encouraged to email the office of student affairs.