University announces new initiative to provide community with COVID-19 updates

Notre Dame launched a new messaging campaign “designed to deliver timely, actionable information to the Notre Dame community,” University President Fr. John Jenkins announced in an email Monday.

The initiative, titled, “Here,” was inspired by the residential campus experience, which serves as an integral feature of the University’s mission.

1594635355-d7bc79fcba862c4-700x467
Courtesy of the University of Notre Dame

“’Here’ is a word that takes on new meaning after a period of separation, in this case from the campus and community,” the press release said. “The word embodies the aspects of Notre Dame that people who study and work at the University know intimately, but can’t always articulate – a feeling that comes from being here, learning here, growing here.”

As a part of the initiative, Notre Dame redesigned the COVID-19 updates website, and made the “Here” website the new landing page for coronavirus information. They also launched a weekly email to recap the previous week’s news. In addition, green and white signs were installed around campus to remind community members of the safety measures put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

“As students return for classes on Aug. 10, and faculty and staff return in incremental stages before and after that date, the Notre Dame community has a new shared responsibility to care for the health and safety of each other, both on and off campus,” the press release said. “The Here campaign will be the vehicle for delivering resources and information that will assist in that work.”