-

-

ND athletics tells students ‘this is not the time to relax’ in preparation for first home game

| Thursday, September 10, 2020

Vice president of Notre Dame athletics Jack Swarbrick urged the campus community Thursday in an email to continue following safety precautions at Notre Dame’s first football game of the season Saturday.

“This is not the time to relax,” Swarbrick said in the email. “If we let down our guard, no matter how briefly, the momentum you have built will quickly be lost, and so too will our chances of winning the battle against COVID-19.”

He reminded students that all forms of tailgating are prohibited, and all will be required to wear masks and maintain physical distance throughout the game. Students must also remain in the seats assigned to them.

“I am very proud of all that your fellow students on the football team have done to put themselves in a position to represent you on the field this year,” Swarbrick said. “I am also proud that, unlike almost every other university in the country, Notre Dame, with support from our local public health officials, found a way to ensure that every student who wanted to attend home football games during the pandemic has the opportunity to do so.”

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report