-

-

Celebrate Indigenous People’s Day

| Monday, October 12, 2020

We, the Native American Student Association of Notre Dame, would like to extend an invitation to the University and its students to join us in celebration of Indigenous People’s Day on Oct. 12, 2020.

We ask the University and its students to honor its self-proclaimed commitment to “respect the dignity of every person,” “build a Notre Dame community in which all flourish” and “live in solidarity with all, particularly the most vulnerable” by showing solidarity with the Indigenous people attending Notre Dame.

In these difficult times, Indigenous communities are some of the hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic. Many Indigenous students at Notre Dame not only face the normal difficulties of attending our University, but also worry for their friends and family back home in their communities.

We hope that the University of Notre Dame and its students will join NASAND in celebrating Indigenous People’s Day on Oct. 12, 2020.

Native American Student Association of Notre Dame

Oct. 9

Letters to the Editor can be submitted by all members of the Notre Dame community. To submit a letter to the Viewpoint Editor, email [email protected]