-

-

Entire Dunne Hall hall staff isolated or quarantined

| Monday, October 5, 2020

Dunne Hall residents received news Monday night that all of the hall’s staff have entered either isolation or quarantine outside of the hall based on University contact tracing, according to an email from Breyan Tornifolio, director of Residential Life rector recruitment, hiring and retention and supervisor of Dunne Hall rector Fr. Eric Schimmel.

“Unless otherwise communicated to you directly, Fr. Eric and the entire hall staff will continue to be available to your community virtually,” Tornifolio said.

A head staff member — meaning a rector or assistant rector — will conduct rounds in Dunne each evening, from 8 p.m. until the final round after midnight. This head staff member can be found at the front desk of Dunne Hall during this time. A rector from another hall will be on call each evening and overnight “for situations that might warrant an in-person response.”

Additionally, a member of the Notre Dame Police Department (NDPD) will stay in Dunne from midnight to 6 a.m. Students may continue to contact the NDPD at 574-631-5555 and Dunne Hall staff at 574-631-6786 in case of an emergency.

“Fr. Kevin Grove and the Deaks remain in residence, and are available to meet with you as usual,” Tornifolio said.

Tornifolio said contact tracing did not indicate transmission happened in Dunne Hall.

“However, out of an abundance of caution, all Dunne Hall residents will be tested over the next three days at the University testing center,” Tornifolio said.

Residents will receive further communication regarding testing details via text or email. The only residents who should not report are those currently in isolation or quarantine, have a UHS positive COVID-19 test result within the past three months or were tested at the University testing center on Oct. 2, 3, 4 or 5.

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report