-

-

Football

Irish football commit arrested for trespassing in Texas

| Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Notre Dame football commit David Abiara, 18, a member of the class of 2021 and strong side defensive end for Mansfield Legacy High School, has been charged with criminal trespassing in Southlake, Texas, as first reported by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Abiara was charged along with Southlake Carrol High School offensive lineman Marquette Seaton, 18. Further details have not yet been released as it is an open case.

Abiara, a four-star Mansfield, Texas product, per 247Sports Composite, committed to the Irish back in March, but news had since swirled that he was at risk of flipping to Oklahoma. He is listed as the No. 20 strong side D-end in the nation and thew 47th best player in the state of Texas. Abiara chose Notre Dame over 23 other schools, including Oklahoma, Alabama and Texas.

Abiara and Seaton were first booked on Sept. 30. They were originally under suspicion of burglary with intent to commit a felony for an incident which reportedly took place on Sept. 27. However, charges were filed under trespassing, a misdemeanor offense, and the two were eventually released on $10,000 bond.

This news comes just barely over nine months since the football program revoked the scholarship of 2020 three-star defensive back and then-Notre Dame signee Landen Bartleson of Danville, Kentucky. Bartleson and two other teens were arrested for shoplifting nine firearms from a gun shop in Danville. Bartleson has since quit football.

Notre Dame has yet to make a comment regarding the charges Abiara is facing.

Tags: