Podcast: Louisville Cardinals Preview

It’s another game week for Notre Dame football, this time with the Louisville on the horizon.

First, the Basement Breakdown gang provides a rapid recap of the 42-26 Irish win over Florida State on Saturday, then it’s on to analyzing the Cards’ offense and defense (2:26). After that, we take a look around the college football scene, talking key Notre Dame opponents in ACC action and the still-developing stories of how COVID is impacting Florida-LSU and Alabama-Georgia (7:13).

We talk other Notre Dame sports in the midst of their seasons with men’s and women’s soccer fighting for postseason position in a competitive ACC, plus the undefeated Irish volleyball squad returning to action against Pittsburgh this week (9:15).

Then it’s time for the crème de la crème of the Basement Breakdown: Fact or Fiction (10:28). This week’s queries include a discussion of just how important the Nov. 7 game against Clemson is for Notre Dame, and Senior Sports Writer Ellen Geyer still refuses to cut kicker Jonathan Doerer any slack. And as always we wrap without predictions for the contest against Louisville (27:59).

The Basement Breakdown is available on AnchorSpotify, Google Podcasts, Breaker and RadioPublic. You can listen via any of those apps or in the player below. Give the podcast a follow and check us out on Twitter: @ObserverSports, @HaydenAdamsND, @jimmyyward, @char_edmonds99 and @GeyerEllen

[embed]https://open.spotify.com/episode/1jTH998zEVJmL5DD5xBwnF?si=KCM1xsdETaGadF3LtfntZQ[/embed]