-

-

irish insider

Podcast: Pittsburgh Panthers Preview

| Thursday, October 22, 2020

Well that was … something? 

The Basement Breakdown gang is back on Zoom after Notre Dame’s win against Louisville on Saturday. Discussion consists of:

• Some real group therapy session vibes talking a 12-7 final score (0:23).
  • Looking ahead to Pittsburgh: the ultimate trap game that isn’t a trap game because everyone knows it’s a trap game (10:15).
  • Taking a peek around college football with Georgia falling to Alabama, Florida State getting its first FBS win against North Carolina and the Big Ten returning this weekend. Also, Aidan won’t let us just enjoy Kentucky finally getting over the hump at Tennessee (14:52).
  • We talk a little bit about other Notre Dame sports. Soccer and Volleyball are in full swing, and basketball is getting off the ground. Plus, a couple of athletes stepping away from Irish teams (18:48).
  • The Segment that everyone’s been waiting for: Fact-or Fiction (20:20). This episode’s hot takes include: ND’s first defensive touchdown coming against Pitt? Can the Irish produce a 100-yard rusher against the Panthers’ defense? Did the Louisville win actually give Notre Dame the blueprint for beating Clemson? 
  • Predictions, plus an update on how the football beat stands with regard to accuracy — Jimmy is running away with the lead after last weekend (39:38).
  • And just for kicks, Aidan and Ellen give Hayden a hard time for his (lack of) fantasy football skills.

The Basement Breakdown is available on AnchorSpotify, Google Podcasts, Breaker and RadioPublic. Listen via any of those apps or in the player below.

Please consider following the podcast and checking us out on Twitter: @ObserverSports, @HaydenAdamsND, @jimmyyward, @char_edmonds99, @GeyerEllen

Visit ndsmcobserver.com under the sports section to view all of our Irish Insider content.