Sunday, Oct. 6, 2024

Podcast: Irish Insider — Clemson Tigers

It’s Clemson Week. Officially, at least, because every Notre Dame fan has been talking about Clemson for about 12 months now. The Observer Sports football beat dives head first into the matchup with the Tigers in an episode chock-full of content:
  • The briefest of Georgia Tech recaps (0:34)
  • Talking No. 1 Clemson and how they matchup with the No. 4 Irish on both sides of the ball; oh, and trying to pronounce "Uiagelelei" correctly (2:30)
  • Taking a quick bird's-eye view of what's going on around college football (8:52)
  • Highlighting other Notre Dame sports on display, with cross country having a great showing at the ACC Championships (11:02)
  • Fact-or-Fiction time! Will Notre Dame dominate time of possession against Clemson? Will it come down to who has the ball last? Does this game even matter? Could Trevor Lawrence actually play in this game? You don't want to miss this discussion (13:10)
  • And, finally, predictions; you'd be surprised how the tables have flipped in terms of who's giving positive and negative predictions (31:10)
  • And, for the second consecutive week, Aidan missed out on the podcast. His shame over throwing a pick-6 to Hayden in our department Turkey Bowl football game must be too great for him to show his face, but not too much to trash Hayden's fantasy football team. Hey, a win is a win, and Big H is officially streaking. He may be 3-5, but like Brian Kelly said, “Winning is hard.”

The Basement Breakdown is available on AnchorSpotify, Google Podcasts, Breaker and RadioPublic. Listen via any of those apps or in the player below.

Please consider following the podcast and checking us out on Twitter: @ObserverSports, @HaydenAdamsND, @jimmyyward, @char_edmonds99 and @GeyerEllen.

[embed]https://open.spotify.com/episode/5GeDxFEwQOUn9Fvz16nPPM?si=HYSH2pK1SPeifGpDfv1chw[/embed]