-

-

irish insider

Podcast: Irish Insider — North Carolina Tar Heels

| Friday, November 27, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! The Observer football beat is back in the Zoom studio to provide you with a preview of Notre Dame’s Black Friday showdown against North Carolina. Discussion includes:

• A brief, brief, brief recap of Notre Dame winning 45-31 against Boston College two weeks ago (0:53).
  • Looking ahead to North Carolina with a high-powered offense and, for lack of a better term, a low-powered defense (2:23).
  • Taking a glance around college football at: Alabama destroying Hayden’s beloved Kentucky Wildcats; Ohio State escaping vs. Indiana; Dabo Swinney going off on Florida State; Cincinnati and BYU on the outside looking in at the College Football Playoff Top 4 (6:28).
  • Other Notre Dame sports are going on. Men’s and women’s soccer have wrapped up with losses in the ACC Tournament, but men’s and women’s basketball are about to take off and hockey has its second series of the year this weekend (11:26).
  • Fact-or-Fiction is back! On this week’s edition: Does Kendall Abdur-Rahman see field action? Does Ben Skowronek sneak into the top-10 most single-season receiving touchdowns this year? Does Notre Dame hold North Carolina under 50 (yes, 50) rushing yards? See how the beat ways in on those topics and a couple more (14:55).
  • And we wrap with predictions, with a special appearance from Hayden’s cat, Fuzzball. Hey, that’s what you get when you have to podcast from home. This winter break’s off to a fantastic start (31:16).
And, of course, Hayden gets roasted for his fantasy league team. As long he doesn’t finish in last place all is well.

The Basement Breakdown is available on AnchorSpotify, Google Podcasts, Breaker and RadioPublic. Listen via any of those apps or in the player below.

Please consider following the podcast and checking us out on Twitter: @ObserverSports, @HaydenAdamsND, @jimmyyward, @char_edmonds99 and @GeyerEllen