-

-

irish insider

Podcast: Irish Insider — ACC Championship

| Friday, December 18, 2020

It’s finally here. The rematch everyone has been waiting for with bated breath since Nov. 7. Notre Dame-Clemson, pt. 2.

In this episode of the Basement Breakdown, we break our usual routine and get the Syracuse game and other Notre Dame sports out of the way from the outset. After that, we jump straight into our discussion:

• What we think of Tuesday’s College Football Playoff rankings and what it means for Notre Dame’s Playoff chances, win or lose.
  • The CFP Committee is awful and rightly being criticized. Where is the Group of 5 respect?
  • Should the Playoff be expanded to eight teams? There’s some dissent in the group.
  • How many times out of 10 would Notre Dame have beaten the Nov. 7 version of Clemson? How about this Saturday’s version?
  • Talking pros and cons in this matchup, from Ian Book’s sustained elite play to the return of four Clemson starters.
  • Fact-or-Fiction: Notre Dame is a lock for the Playoff? Can the Irish replicate their defensive performance on the ground and in the turnover margin from six weeks ago this Saturday? Has Ian Book performed better than Trevor Lawrence this season? Get our hot takes in this segment.
  • Predictions, with inverted positivity and negativity from the football beat members.
  • And we wrap discussing our football beat’s poor showing in the Fantasy Football playoffs, plus we trash talk the 2020 Turkey Bowl and Observer basketball game (hopefully) set for the spring.

The Basement Breakdown is available on AnchorSpotify, Google Podcasts, Breaker and RadioPublic. You can listen at any of these podcast destinations or in the player below.

Please consider following the podcast and checking us out on Twitter: @ObserverSports, @HaydenAdamsND, @jimmyyward, @char_edmonds99 and @GeyerEllen