Saint Mary’s announces reentry testing procedures for spring semester

College vice president for enrollment management Mona Bowe and vice president for college relations Shari Rodriguez gave an overview of their plans for spring semester reentry testing in a email to students Friday.

According to the message, all students taking classes on campus will be required to submit a negative COVID-19 test result before they move into their residence hall or go to their first class.

The College has partnered with Global 7 Diagnostics to provide qualifying students with at-home PCR saliva test kits. Students are exempt from the testing requirement if they test positive for COVID-19 12 weeks or less before the beginning of the semester or plan to complete their semester entirely online, the email said.

Bowe and Rodriguez asked all students to complete a survey to determine their eligibility for the PCR test, so they can register for the kit promptly.

“If it is determined that you need an at-home test, we ask that you register for your Global 7 test kit as soon as possible,” the email said. “Once your kit is received, you must wait to collect and send in your sample closer to your move-in date.”

The test, as well as shipping to and from the student, will cost $107, according to the form students are prompted to fill out. If a student’s insurance does not cover the $75 cost of the test, the College will add the charge to a student’s account. Students will need a credit card when registering for the test to cover the $32 shipping costs.

If a student is not able to pay for the test, they can apply for emergency funds through the College.

“In early January, watch for an email with details on the move-in process, as well as what to expect for the spring semester,” the email said. “Know that we’re thinking of you and look forward to welcoming you back, particularly those joining us for the first time.”