-

-

ND Women’s Tennis

Women’s tennis set to take on undefeated competition on the road

| Friday, February 5, 2021

After notching its fifth win on the season with a 7-0 victory over DePaul (2-1), the Notre Dame women’s tennis team will head down to Lexington, Kentucky, on Friday to take on the Wildcats (7-0). The Irish (5-2, 2-1 ACC) will be entering the contest on a three-match winning streak while Kentucky boasts a seven-match win streak that has seen them beat opponents by a combined 46-3.

The Irish are looking to continue their strong doubles play having only dropped the doubles point once in their previous five matches. Notre Dame will need solid performances across the board, especially at the No. 1 doubles slot made up of the 19th ranked pairing of sophomore Page Freeman and senior Cameron Corse who notched an impressive victory over eight ranked junior Yulia Starodubsteva and sophomore Alesya Yakubovich of Old Dominion on Jan. 23. The Wildcats also have a ranked doubles team of their own in in 57th ranked redshirt senior Lesedi Jacobs and fifth year Anastasia Tkachenko.

In singles, Notre Dame will also need stellar play and will rely on the play of some of their upperclassmen. Senior Ally Bojczuk has been exceptional for the Irish, winning six of her last seven matches. Senior Cameron Corse has also been exceptional having earned a ranking of 109 in all of Division 1 women’s tennis.

Doubles is set to begin at 11 p.m. followed by singles directly after at the Hilary J. Boone Varsity Tennis Complex in Lexington.